The British Ports Association has launched the coastal photography competition with four £500 prizes to be won.
We are looking for submissions that capture the beauty of the UK’s ports and coasts. There are four categories, with the best photo in each winning gift vouchers worth £500. Those making the shortlist will be also win a small prize.
The competition is closes on 21 October. The winner will be announced on the 25 November – the BPA’s 30th anniversary. The competition is open to anyone, including members of the public and port workers.
The Four Categories
UK seas and coastal and marine habitats and wildlife. We were really impressed by the quality of the photographs of our marine birds, wildlife and habitats, including seascapes in 2020.
Send us your photos of people working and enjoying the UK coasts, from fishermen to tourists.
There are thousands of vessels calling in UK ports and transiting UK waters. We loved the photos in 2020 and want to see ships and boats of all sizes (including wrecks!)
We love ports at the BPA, so send us your photos of ports, terminals, and marinas, large and small! This is also the category for photos of the UK’s coastal built heritage and lighthouses.
The competition closes on 21 October. The winner will be announced on the 25 November – the BPA’s 30th anniversary. The competition is open to anyone, including members of the public and port workers.
How to enter
Entering the competition is easy! Either send your photo(s), along with your name, contact details and the chosen category to email@example.com. Or visit our competition page and fill out the short entry form.
In a change to the judging process from the 2020 competition, photos in each category will be shortlisted by the BPA and a panel of judges will choose a winner from each category.
Judges will be announced on our photo competition page soon.
Conditions of entry:
- Photos must have been taken in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or the UK’s overseas territories.
- All submitted entries will be shortlisted by the BPA team and judged by an independent panel.
- Shortlisted images will be shared on the BPA’s social media accounts and website.
- Individuals can submit up to four photos although each photo can only be entered into one category
- Photos must be submitted by 23:59 on 21 October 2022.
- Winning photographs in each category will receive a £500 voucher from a retail outlet of their choice.
- Small prizes will also be awarded to shortlisted entries.
- Photos submitted as part of the competition may be used in future by the BPA in publications and promotions