11 September 2020
Harwich Haven Authority was proud to achieve the latest version of the Environmental Management Standard – ISO14001 – which has been certified by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited (LRQA).
The Port’s harbour area covers traffic visiting the ports of Felixstowe, Harwich International, Harwich Navyard, Ipswich and Mistley. Achievement of this internationally recognised standard is keenly sought by many organisations who place importance on the environmental impact they make.
Key improvements to the revised standard include:
- A greater commitment from leadership
- An increased alignment with strategic direction
- Greater protection for the environment, with a focus on proactive initiatives
- More effective communications, driven through a robust communications strategy
- Life-cycle thinking that considers the impact of service provision at all stages.