11 September 2020
Forth Ports have achieved certification for the ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard, a global benchmark for organisations looking to conserve energy. Using energy efficiently helps organisations conserve resources and tackle climate change. ISO 50001 supports organisations to use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system.
- Developing a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fixing targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions
- about energy use
- Measuring the results
- Reviewing how well the policy works, and
- Continually improving energy management.