Member Event: Is Shore Power the Key to Unlocking Net-Zero Ports?
Date:5 May 2022
Venue:British Ports Association
Address:30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ
An ABL virtual panel discussion with the British Ports Association, discussing shore power’s potential impact on port emissions. Register here!
About this event
As the UK government throws its backing behind the R&D of shore power as a solution to ports’ emissions, this panel discussion will look at the technology’s potential impact, challenges and how it will be measured, ultimately asking the following question – is shore power a ‘red herring’ and should we be waiting for the full solution….carbon-free fuel?
This is a HYBRID event:
- In-person incl. drinks reception: at the British Ports Association, 30 Park St, London SE1 9EQ
- Virtual: Livestreamed to the ABL Group Youtube Channel
The panel will discuss the following questions:
- What’s shore power or cold ironing all about and how impactful could it be?
- Is it key to delivering on the Clydebank Declaration?
- Challenges around delivering shore power solutions and measuring its success?
- Will shore power go far enough to decarbonise maritime and what are its short falls?
- Paul Martin, Maritime Director, ABL Group
- Daniele Caruso, Principle Project Manager Cables, OWC
- Bob Sanguinetti, CEO Aberdeen Harbour
- Tom Willis, Chief Executive Shoreham Port
- RV Ahilan, Chief Energy Transition Officer ABL Group (Chair)
The discussion will conclude with a short introduction to emiTr – a digital solution to track and calculate port direct and indirect emissions, facilitating future decarbonisation initiatives. Developed by ABL Group in collaboration with Shoreham Port.
16:00 – 17:00 Panel Discussion