HR Wallingford Ltd
HR Wallingford has been advising clients in the ports and harbours sector for 75 years. We have supported projects throughout the United Kingdom using our comprehensive suite of engineering and marine hydraulics tools and expertise. We are completely independent, and advise our port clients in ways that are focussed solely on meeting their specific aims for port development. We have technical teams that are dedicated to understanding each component of a port project, including:
- Feasibility and safety of marine navigation;
- Design and optimisation of dredged channels;
- Numerical modelling and forecasting of hydrodynamic and sedimentation processes;
- Integration of climate change and extreme hazards (e.g. storm surges and sea level rise);
- Design and optimisation of marine infrastructure (e.g. breakwaters, jetties);
- Physical modelling of key structures in 2D and 3D.