Joining the BPA
The BPA is the membership association which represents the interests of the ports industry to all organisations and individuals who influence the sector.
Full Port Authority and Associate Membership application forms can be found at the foot of this page along with our Membership Brochure.
To apply, simply complete the relevant form below and email it to email@example.com
About the organisation
The BPA is an inclusive membership organisation, representing ports of all sizes and ownership types including local authority, private and trusts.
We currently have 100 full port members, which manage a total in excess of 350 ports, harbours, terminals and piers located throughout the UK.
We also represent ports in the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and a range of other organisations and networks connected to the sector.
The BPA is well linked with various Government Departments, Devolved Assemblies and the European Commission in Brussels and we are regularly consulted on legislation and policy and act as the voice of our members in these discussions.
The ports sector is changing rapidly, with new safety, planning, regulatory, environmental and other legislative requirements creating new demands on the industry.
We help our members shape, understand and meet their regulatory requirements.
We have an Elected Council who decide strategy and funding, while being supported by a number of Regional Committees and Working Groups specialising in areas like Environment, Marine Navigation, Smaller Ports and European issues.
We also share a range of information electronically and consult specific groups on particular legislative changes or proposals.
These groups (listed below) are open to all Port Members and meet regularly around the UK:
- Access to Ports
- Port Infrastructure
- Environment Policy
- Environmental Contacts
- European Policy
- Ferry Ports
- Finance Managers
- Fishing Ports
- Marine Pilotage
- Municipal Ports
- Northern Irish Ports
- Regional Ports
- Scottish Ports
- Welsh Ports
Full Port Authority Membership - Subscription fees are calculated on a port’s financial turnover and a port’s ability to pay. This means there are several different subscription bands which can be found detailed in the application form
Associate Membership - Allows organisations that are not port authorities to join and be involved in the BPA network. These include engineering companies, environmental consultancies, insurance specialists, accountants, finance companies and law firms. Annual Associate Membership is £936 + Vat
Full and Associate members receive:
- The BPA Monthly Update - A comprehensive review of the main issues facing the industry, alerting members to major changes in policy and legislation.
- BPA website - Access to the member’s area and site services.
- Members Directory - Listing in the directory and access to its functions.
- Events - Invitations to our various events and workshops throughout the year.
We also hold a number of high profile and popular events throughout the year providing the only occasions when representatives from ports across the UK can come together:
- AGM and lunch - An annual event in London each spring and an excellent networking and social event to which members can bring guests.
- The Annual Conference – Held at a different port location each autumn and an unrivalled opportunity to meet other members of the industry.
- Reception at Scottish Parliament - A popular annual autumn reception for members to meet with MSPs, Scottish Government and industry contacts.
- Training and Workshops – A number of these events are held throughout the year which members can attend.
If you require additional information about joining the Association please contact us on 0207 260 1780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org